THROUGH HIS EYES


Psalms 41:1

Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor!

The Lord rescues them when they are in trouble.

Our Lord especially desires to see his children esteem others above “self”.  The world’s mentality tells us to esteem those who have things, those who have high positions of authority, those who are “somebody”, but heaven’s mentality is “what you do for the least of these, you do for me” Matthew 25:40.  According to our Lord and Savior, we are to love our brothers so much that we are willing to lay down our lives for our brother (1 John 3:16).  When we have regard for the weak, for the poor, for those who can not help us, then our Lord is pleased, and I believe Psalm 41:1 which says that He will poor out His blessings and deliver us in the times of trouble.  Some people go through life with no regard for any person that they regard as “less than themselves” whether it is due to their skin color or socioeconomic status, but our Lord values every person with equal value.  Our Lord loves every person no matter skin color, socioeconomic status, or past sins.  Our Lord desires to have a relationship with every one, and He desires for His children to allow Him to pour out His love on all through them. Now Matthew 6:3 tells us that we should not let our left hand know what our right hand is doing.  This just means that when our Lord uses us to help the weak, the poor, or the needy that it should be done in secret and not to be known of men.  The very next scripture, Matthew 6:4 promises that when it is done in secret with only our Heavenly Father knowing that He will reward us.  We should all strive to come to a point where we are able to look past behaviors and see the person on the inside.  We should ask our Heavenly Father to pour out His agape love through us and help us to love our brother or sister as we should.  When we will ask Him daily to help us to love one another even as He has loved us (John 15:12), we will have a peace and joy unspeakable, and the world will become a better place.  So I challenge you! The next time you encounter someone that normally you would turn the other cheek to, try to remember that God loves them just as much as He loves you, and He values them and desires to have a relationship with them just as much as he values and desires a relationship with you.  Your Lord wants you to smile at that person showing them His agape love.  He wants you to let them know how much He loves them and desires a relationship with them.  When you begin to go through your day truly asking God to help you to see all people through His eyes, seeing them as He sees them, then you will be able to exercise all of the scriptures that I have mentioned in the passages above.

Lord, help me to see others through Your eyes.  Help me to allow You to pour out Your agape love for all.  Show me today and every day how I can be a blessing to others and how I can hold my hands open so that you can channel Your blessings through my hands.  Lord, help me to go through the day with a smile on my face to every person that I encounter and help all to see Your Light shining brightly through me.  Show me who I can help today, and help me to always do so in secret with only You knowing.  Help me Lord to love my brother and sisters even as You have loved me.  All these things I ask in Jesus’ most precious holy name. Amen

Written by Donna Shea