FOR HIS PURPOSE

Ephesians 3:20

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

I find it absolutely amazing that at the moment we surrender our life to Jesus Christ and ask Him to be our Savior that He, Lord of all, inhabits our earthly body to dwell within us for the rest of our lives.  When we are saved, we have the Holy Spirit within us every second of every day wanting to be in constant communion with us.  If we will turn to Him daily, second by second, submitting our every member to His leadership and guidance, He will forever lead us on the path to fulfilling the purpose for which we were created.  He will lead us to make the right decisions. He will lead us to let His Light shine through us for the entire world to see.  There have been many times in my life where I have come to a “fork in the road”, and I did not know which way to go. God has never failed in leading me in the right decisions and the right direction that aligns with His will for me.  If ten years ago anyone would have told me that I would be Superintendent of Education, I would have thought they had lost their mind, but here I am ten years later right on the path that God has for me.  You might ask if I was the smartest, the strongest, the wisest, and the most experienced one in the race of five who were running for the office.  I would very quickly answer, no, none of the above.  However, I believe that I was the “chosen one.” I was the one who He had in mind for the job, for a purpose, and I can look back and with confidence see how He placed me where I am today.  He, Lord of all, can do “immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us," when our will aligns with His will and when we lay down our will at the foot of His cross. When we ask that He completely fill us, lead us, guide us, and direct our every thought, deed, and word, it is then and only then that He will be able to do amazing things through us.  I have lived it, and I continue to live it.  This scripture is absolutely true! When you are in His will and you daily arise and say, “Lord, not my will, but Thy will for my life, take my every member today, every second and use me to fulfill Your purpose for my life, use me to touch countless lives and to bring glory to Your Name,” then, as this scripture promises, He will accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think!


Lord, thank You for your many blessings.  I love You so much!  Thank You for leading me each and every day to arise and say, “Lord, not my will, but Thy will, take my every member and use to Your service."  Lord, lead me to have more and more of You and less and less of me.  Lead me, Lord, second by second of every day to fully submit to You and Your will that You may do great things through me.  Lord, I realize that as the old southern gospel song says, “I can’t even walk without You holding my hand," Lord, I need you.  I am not the smartest, the wisest, the strongest, or the most courageous, but, Lord, You are all of those things and more through me.  If You are for me then who can be against me! Thank You, Lord, for daily living through me.  In Jesus’ most precious holy name, Amen.

Written by Donna Shea